Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Musings on life and poetry.

It's been a while since I've written. As you can tell if you look at the dates of all of the posts on here. But I feel like writing again.
It's about midway through my second-to-last semester as an undergrad. It's also my last Wednesday as a 2o-year-old. Life is still good. It's just busy enough to help me avoid boredom, and I am enjoying my classes. I've been reading lots of Spanish poetry, which means I've been thinking about life, love, memories, dreams and philosophy. I enjoy thinking and making connections between all the things I learn. Poetry is a fun way to express thoughts. I've tried writing poetry a few times... I find it easier to write in free verse, without worrying about rhyme schemes or meter. For me, that's a better way to describe life. Life doesn't always fit in a specific meter. It's mixed-up and crazy and complicated. Putting it down in words is hard enough without worrying about making it rhyme. That's not to say that I don't believe there's meaning to life. On the contrary. I believe life is full of meaning. God is real. He loves all of His children, and He does have a plan for us. That's where the meaning of life is and that's why I can say that life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.